HOORAY!!! The goat has landed. (Pics inside!)
4 months ago
– Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 07:31:01 PM
This is what 2000 copies of ZCG looks like, in boxes:
At long last, the games arrived! They had been fully manufactured for something like 2 months, but damn if the pandemic doesn't slooooow everything down in terms of international shipping.
On the bright side, by the time the truck backed up the driveway, we were, as they say, FULLY LOCKED AND LOADED.
The shipping envelopes were prepped, the label printer was ready to roll. The snarky welcome messages we taped to each box were cut out and stacked.
So, we will be busting out your copy of ZCG with all speed.
The first round of 400 games will ship out on Monday the 25th, and we'll finish up the rest by Wednesday.
This means that many of you could be goating it up with your weird friends as soon as next weekend.
International backers will of course have to wait a bit longer, but on our end, we're looking to have ALL COPIES of ZCG shipped out to you, our amazing Kickstarter backers, by Weds Jan 27th.
More excellent news:
The games look exactly like the prototype we received. This is great news. For scads of detailed pictures of exactly what your game will look like when you unwrap it, check our last couple updates.
Here's our own review/breakdown of the ZCG game components:
1. The box itself is very high quality, sturdy, with high-quality printing throughout. The Weird Friends/Good Times Goblin Prophet printed under the lid came out just how we wanted him, and looks outstanding.
2. The Instructions Leaflet looks good. It printed well, and is packed with superfluous information, just as intended.
3. The ZCG cards look great. Nothing was lost in the transformation from weird original art to printed card.
4. The dice look good too. Bright colors and the Brains/Blood/Guts/Gold graphics on them are as large as we could make them.
5. The box insert is a little thin. This is our only real ding on the game components. Don't use the box insert to serve heavy meals, carry bricks, or as a shield during pool noodle fights.
Ringo's couch, ably holding 20% of the games that will ship out on Monday:
THANK YOU BACKERS!
We'll send out another update when ALL the games have been shipped. And maybe another one after that if it feels weird to wrap up this crazy project without a final update.
Thank you so much for your support. You have birthed a very odd game into the world.
Alec, Taylor, & Ringo
PS here is a picture of a table full of ZCG, all wrapped in plastic:
A Quick Shipping Update! + Make sure your shipping address is up-to-date!
4 months ago
– Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 07:02:09 PM
This is a very quick update, just to touch base and let you know where we are in the shipping process.
Here's the word from AdMagic (our manufacturer):
The bulk shipment of your games has been in port for weeks now, and we are still waiting for the logistics company to pick it up and drop it off so we can ship it out to you.
We had hoped to provide an update with pictures of the unloading process yesterday, but another day went by when we did not hear from them (the logistics company).
We will provide a real update, with pictures, and a concrete delivery schedule, as soon as we take delivery of your games!!!
Thanks for you patience. We are chomping at the bit to take delivery of Zombie Circus Goats, just as you are to receive it.
What You Can Do in the Meantime
Make sure your address info is up to date!!! If you moved or changed your address, be sure to update that right now in our Pledge Manager. You can do that here:
Alec, Taylor, & Ringo
Shipping update for the goatiest game in centuries!
5 months ago
– Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 06:06:36 AM
We just heard back from manufacturing and our shipping times are about 3 weeks behind what we had hoped. To wit:
*The bulk shipment of Zombie Circus Goats will arrive at port in the US December 16th.
*But the games will not clear customs and be delivered to us until January 6th.
We wanted to deliver Zombie Circus Goats to you by the holidays, but it's looking like the New Year is a more accurate representation of when you'll be goating with your weird friends.
We'll send out the games to you as soon as we receive them!!
Thanks everyone for your patience, and for your support. See our to-do list below the Robotic Bee.
Here's our to-do list:
1. Receive ZCG on Jan 6th.
2. Unpack it into our storage facility. (A friend's garage, kindly donated to the odd cause.)
3. Pack up the games and ship them to you!
4. Send games out to reviewers, and anyone else who has a platform, who is into Goats, Zombies, Goblins, and getting paid in body parts. Do you know someone like that? Please put them in touch.
Thank you all!
-Alec, Taylor, & Ringo
The ACTUAL GAME from the ACTUAL FACTORY with a SHITLOAD of ACTUAL PICS!!!
6 months ago
– Tue, Nov 03, 2020 at 04:57:02 PM
We received the proof copy of the actual game from the actual factory!
It took some doing, but everything now looks good and we're excited to share pics with you tonight.
The delay you may have noticed since our last update was about working out some of the kinks--some of our important art had been rotated 90 degrees. This required a pungent combination of communication and waiting. But fear not. All your art has been properly rotated at this time.
Here is what your game will look like when you receive it:
The box top.
The box insert, in which rest the cards.
The Goblin Prophet doing complex math.
The Filthy Lucre dice and the freaking Zombie Pizza! token.
The back of the box.
And here are a shitload of cards:
Filthy Lucre. Get paid in body parts!
From the +2 Players pack.
From the Main Deck.
Classic Freakshow from the Carnival Deck.
Pardon Moi cards from the Carnival Deck. Interrupt your friends in style.
An Event and a Tent from the Carnival Deck.
From Warning: There are Goblins pack.
From Zombies Invade the Moon pack.
From Real World Consequences (and a straggler from ZITM)
From NSFW 1.
From NSFW 2.
Oh, and the Instructions.
That is what your game will look like when you receive it in the mail!
When will you receive it? We are hoping (based on what we have been told by the powers that be at the factory) that the game will be done printing in 4 days. After that, we are looking at approximately 6 weeks to receive the bulk order.
We will do everything in our powers to get you your game by the holidays (winter holidays, 2020.)
And we'll write another update as soon as we have additional info.
Thank you ZCG backers!
You're a rad and amazing bunch. We can't wait to get you your game.
Alec, Taylor, & Ringo
Quick Manufacturing/Delivery Update + Recipe for Zucchini Carrot Coconut Pancake Fritters
7 months ago
– Wed, Oct 07, 2020 at 03:32:08 PM
Hello ZCG Backers!
Here's a quick manufacturing/delivery update. We weren't able to get a ton more info since our last update, but here is everything we know:
- Physical game manufactured by Oct 12th.
- 1 copy sent to us at that time for approval. Assuming the game looks perfect, we will approve it the day we receive it, hopefully by Oct 18th.
- Upon approval, bulk shipping will be scheduled. This can take up to two weeks.
- Bulk shipping takes around 30 days.
- We'll add a secret to each box as soon as we receive them, then ship to you. This process will take us about a week.
We're looking at late November at the earliest, and hopefully December at the latest for you to receive Zombie Circus Goats.
The game is in the manufacturing/shipping pipeline at this point, so we are in the waiting game along with you. We know you and your weird friends want it ASAP, and we want you to have it then as well.
In the meantime, here is a recipe we like:
Zucchini Carrot Coconut Pancake Fritters
This is one of Ringo's inventions, and it's actually excellent. We've made it many, many times and will straight up vouch for its deliciousness. It makes your kitchen smell incredible as well.
Ingredients: 2 eggs, 1 carrot, 1 zucchini, 3 TBS coconut flour, pinch salt, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1 dollop butter or coconut pile.
1. Preheat a large non-stick pan on medium heat. Add the dollop of butter or coconut oil.
2. Grate half a medium zucchini and half a medium carrot into a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp of baking soda, and 3 TBS of coconut flour. Mix well. Crack 2 eggs right into the bowl, and mix well.
3. Add water and mix, until you have the consistency of thick pancake batter. Go slow on the water, maybe half a cup or slightly more?
4. Pour the whole deal into the hot, oiled pan, set on medium heat. Gingerly spread it out a bit with the back of a spoon.
5. Cook for 5-6 minutes, then flip. You're going to need to bust out with a pro flip on this one, you know, by moving the pan. Or you can wuss out and use a spatula, but we guarantee your fritter will break into several pieces in this case. Cook another 5-6 minutes. Slide onto a plate and let rest 3 minutes. Makes one huge tasty pancake fritter.
Thank you all for supporting the weirdest goat game in centuries!
Alec, Taylor, and Ringo